Decorating & Furniture/Decrorating a Guest Bedroom

Question
Bedroom is 11x12 facing the southeast. The walls are a Linen White with a light gold trim, and light beige carpet. I bought a Comforter-navy,red and white Plaid,(Tommy Hilfinger.)The furniture is Cherry. I haven't bought the bed skirt or draperies. The theme is toward Ships and navy knots,have two pictures of navy knots. I was thinking about changing the walls to a light gray and trim(?) and the bed skirt either Navy or Red, and bright yellow pillows on the bed. Need your thoughts on this room? Like the Wall Color and trim color and the bed skirt and the draperies. Since the room is not large the wall color has to be just right. I am in the direction of having the bedroom in the theme of the Navy. Reason: Grandson is going to the  "USA Navy Academy."
Appreciate any helpful information you can give me to pull this Bedroom together. Thanks.
Joyce

Answer
Paint the walls taupe.  My favorite is Glidden's Toasty Grey.  Keep the trim white (or if it's now gold, that's ok).  Purchase the bed skirt in Navy.  To the bright yellow pillows, toss one navy one (same color as the bed skirt.)

You'll be in business.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik