Decorating & Furniture/Different hard wood floor in kitchen

Hello, We have purchased an old home built in the 1800'S. They added an addiction that we are updating  a new kitchen. It is small approximately 12 by14. We took down the walls so the whole downstairs is open. Blonde hardwood floors now in the dining room which goes right into the kitchen. I was thinking of having a slight threshold, there is one now and putting in a new wood floor running the other way stained real dark like choclate. My cabinets are all white nantucket style beadboard. Most of counter will be white corian with a lime green island, and grI am going to do both walls in the family, dining  rooms that run from the back to front of the house and living room in a light gold yellow. color.  All the celings are white.  Going to go with a white trim for all else including the small moldings.  The kitchen and living room are on opposite ends of the house and run from back to front.   Thanks,  Nancy  

If your question is whether or not all this will work together, the answer is yes.  

It would be virtually impossible to match the old/new flooring, and by doing a dark wood, you'll definitely draw attention to the new kitchen area.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology