Decorating & Furniture/Difficult lounge space

Question
Hi There Jenny, Thanks for allowing me to ask you a question.We have not long brought a house which we love but our lounge is particularly difficult for me to arrange furniture in correctly.I was wondering if you had any ideas. Entrance to the home is through a kitchen & into the open plan dining room/living room.The view leads straight into the garden.To the right is a fire place in the dining area.The focal point is the garden, but the lounge has two ranch sliders.And windows all around.The room is 24feet long & 17 feet wide.Any tips would be most appreciated.
Kind regards
KIM

Answer
The best tip I can give you is to arrange your furniture in such a way that every possible seat has a view of the garden.  This may mean that a couple of chairs don't have a direct view, but orient the bulk of your seating towards the view.  This also means that you'll be "floating" furniture in the space; with some amount of walk about room behind, to the side etc.  

I have the same situation and almost the same dimensions but with a view of the Gulf of Mexico.  I used built in shelves on the lone wall opposite the windows and doors for books etc., and have my furniture in front of that.  It may mean "playing" with the arrangement, but you'll find a happy solution.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik