Decorating & Furniture/Entry Way

Question
Rachel,

I am in the process of redecorating my living room. The size of my space is 12x12 which I consider to be an ok amount of space for what little time we spend in this room. My front door opens right into my living room and there is nothing to define the entry way. I was thinking about putting a 4 shelve standing iron shelve that I have against the side walling coming in the front door and placing plants on either side of it to help to define the entry way a little. So my question to you is this, Should I go with the shelve and plants or do you suggest something else to better help define this space?

Answer
Dear Liz,
    I think your idea will work. Here are some other suggestions:
1.) Having a wide side table agianst the wall will help with giving people a sense of direction into the space. Using one piece instead of a few will help the flow of the room.
http://www.alaska.net/~greenhse/interior_entryway.jpg

2.)If possiible you can always arrange your sofa so it creates an entryway.

Please send me images of your space to rminteriordecor@yahoo.com if you would like further assistance.

Good luck,

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID