Decorating & Furniture/Exercise room color selection

Question
Hi! We are finishing our basement and we are going to have a 14x19 exercise room. Once complete, the room will contain a hodge-podge of mis-matched free weight machines (which I plan to replace eventually). Typically grey, white and black in color. We are trying to pick a good wall color that will be motivational, while keeping the equipment from looking out of place. The carpet wil be a berber with light beige and brown. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Mike

Answer

Hi Mike,

I think you should consider some shade of red.  It certainly doesn't have to be fire engine red, or heaven forbid Pink...but something in the red family will be motivational, happy, exciting and will help make your heart quicken!  Consider a cranberry shade - it'll go great with your black/grey/chrome and your carpet!

Thanks for writing.
Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik