Decorating & Furniture/FLooring

Hi Jenny,

My boyfriend and I currently live in a townhome which has saltillo tile in the dining room, hallways, bathrooms and stairs.  Carpeting is in the bedrooms and living rooms.  We need to get rid of the carpeting but don't want more saltillo tile or carpeting.  Is there a wood flooring to replace the carpeting that would complement the saltillo tile?

Thank you,
Jessica Molina

Any of the new laminate wood flooring will coordinate nicely.  It comes in a vast array of colors and tones.  Check it out at your local home improvement store.  If you're handy, it's a do it yourself project.  If not, inquire about installation at the home improvement store.

PS;  I've had better luck with the interlocking wood laminate.  No glue - no mess.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology