Decorating & Furniture/FURNITURE PLACEMENT

I asked this question of another expert and would like your opinion also.

I have a 87" reclining couch.  It reclines at both ends with the middle section not reclining.   I want to put the cocktail table close to the couch toward one end as BOTH reclining ends will not be used very often.   My husband thinks the table should be far enough away from the couch so that both ends can recline -- I think it looks real dumb that way -- table is out in middle of room -- too far away from couch to even reach cocktail table.   We could move table out if anyone wants to recline at that end.  Any suggestions?

I agree with you on this Barbara - the tables will look odd if they are placed far away from the couch.

As long as you will not be reclining the ends every few minutes it makes much more sense to place them next to the couch where they will look best and move them as and when you need to.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit