Decorating & Furniture/Family Room Color

Question
I have a earth tone brown color wall(cafe caramal or cardboard color to be precise).My curtains are beige color.What color should i go for the sofa?

Answer
Hi Renee

How brave are you when it comes to colour?

Personally I love orange with brown and think that an orange sofa and perhaps one orange feature wall or fireplace would be stunning.

On the other hand, you could maybe go for a sofa which was also in a shade of brown and then add some colour to the room with rugs, cushions and/or window treatments.

I think most bright colours would 'go' but orange, bright red and shocking pink would all be great.

If you pick red for example, use red, brown and beige as your basic colour palette and choose fabric for cushions or pillows that have different patterns but all use the same colours - red and brown stripes, brown and beige check and red, brown and beige floral for example.

This page will give you an idea what I mean:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/Lounge.html

If you plan on making the cushion covers yourself, this page will give you a quick and easy idea:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/do_it_yourself_cushion_co

Be bold!

Kind regards,

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston