Decorating & Furniture/Family Room Color

Question
Hi!  My new home has a large family room which opens up from the kitchen.  The kitchen has light cherry stained cabinets and black specked countertops with a neutral floor with copper undertones.  I am trying to figure out a paint color for the walls in both the kitchen and the family room. I was thinking a light green for the walls in the kitchen, as there is very little wall that actually needs paint.
I have royal blue (large!) couches to go in there along with a sunny-peach carpet in their also.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Answer
Brooke,

Thanks for writing.

I like the idea of bringing in that peach color from the carpet. Do you have any other colors from side pieces, fabric on pillows or window treatments. I alwasy like to bring a color out from one of those things that will be in the space to blend the area together will.

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell