Decorating & Furniture/Family room paint color and accent walls

Question
Our family room is a burnt red color. There is one doorway to enter and seems a bit closed in. When you first walk in, there is a see through fireplace to the kitchen. This is the short wall. One of the long walls have a large window. There are no other windows on the other walls. The size is about 19x15. The trim is oak and also have a chair rail in oak (something I did myself and don't know if it was a good idea).
All my furniture is in tan and deep burgundy leather with fabric.
I am wide open to suggestions. I would like an accent wall maybe in a tan color?
Help
Thanks!

Answer
For all intents and purposes, you should accent the wall you want to see first when you enter the room. Now because you want to use a tan color you may as well color the wall opposite to it with a lighter shade of tan,the remaining two walls you may color in dark purple.

I'd suggest that you consider making the accent wall the one you are facing when you enter the room. If this still concerns you, paint two accent walls instead of one.  Remember, it's only paint.  

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria