Decorating & Furniture/Floor Cloth

Followup To
Question -
What would you sugggest for making own floor covering for a terra cotta colored ceramic tile floor on a sunporch with various old wicker pieces.  Have very little clearance between exterior door and floor.  Wicker will be green with tan coverings and floral pillows?  Thanks.
Answer -

I am not sure I understand your question? Are you wanting design ideas for your floorcloth? I will be happy to help you with a little more information.

Yes, what if any design would work and what type fabric would you suggest?  Thanks.  Wicker may be natural tan with patterned covers--have not yet decided.

The beauty of having a floorcloth is that it can be of any design you choose. Many of my clients have sent me their fabrics and I have coordinated the rug with chair seats, pillows or drapery treatments.

The rug can include some of the same pattern as your fabric or just have the same color scheme in a complimentary pattern. It is a personal preference as to how important your rug is to the overall look. Will it be the focal point or just an accent? This will determine the detail of the design.

The material used for floorcloths is a heavy weight canvas. The finished product should resemble leather in weight and texture.

I hope this helps answer your questions.  

Decorating & Furniture

Angie Nelson

I can answer questions on designing and making your own floorcloth and which areas of your home/office/work space are and are not suitable. I have used a variety of materials over the years and will recommend what I have found to be the best suitable for a lasting piece.

Past/Present clients
My clients range from manufacturer showrooms, interior designers, catalog companies and individuals from coast to coast.