Decorating & Furniture/Floor tile sizes

Question
We are at a point at our new build where we must select a ceramic floor tile.  This will run from the entry through the great room w. kitchen.  The main great room size is approzimately 16 x 33 with the entry and kitchen space running into it.  Can I use large size tiles (ie 24 x24) or would the size overwhelm the space?  Thank you  

Answer
Hello,
Actually the larger tile is wonderful when its run throughout a great room and entry.   If 24 x 24 is the largest, that does work.  I've just specified 20 x 20 for a large entry and great room and will have it installed on the diagonal.  The diagonal installation opens up the space and gives the illusion of width.

As for the entry...try a design detail to add emphasis and create impact without lots of cost.  A medallion or a framed affect in this area is worth the small amount of thought and cost.

Good Luck!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied ASID

Decorating & Furniture

Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID