Decorating & Furniture/Floor tile sizes

We are at a point at our new build where we must select a ceramic floor tile.  This will run from the entry through the great room w. kitchen.  The main great room size is approzimately 16 x 33 with the entry and kitchen space running into it.  Can I use large size tiles (ie 24 x24) or would the size overwhelm the space?  Thank you  

Actually the larger tile is wonderful when its run throughout a great room and entry.   If 24 x 24 is the largest, that does work.  I've just specified 20 x 20 for a large entry and great room and will have it installed on the diagonal.  The diagonal installation opens up the space and gives the illusion of width.

As for the entry...try a design detail to add emphasis and create impact without lots of cost.  A medallion or a framed affect in this area is worth the small amount of thought and cost.

Good Luck!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied ASID

Decorating & Furniture

Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID

Whole house interior space planning and decorating; kitchen layout, and design trends; residential themed environments; selecting furnishings and accessories for your lifestyle.

12 years experience as an interior designer, FIDER graduate and business owner for 5 years. Speciality area: residential interior designer, NKBA certified kitchen designer, and home office designer

Homes of Color magazine, Las Vegas Life magazine, Tucson Home and Garden magazine.

B.A. Interior Design, Marymount University, Arlington, VA