Decorating & Furniture/Framing Pictures

Question
I would like to put up a wall of picture frames of my family. I have black and white photos and color ones too. The pictures are all different sizes. I want to do something like a family tree. You know Mom and Dad first, then my brothers and sisters. Then our kids etc.. The wall is 8'x 11. Of course I don't want to go all the way down the wall. The walls are a beige color. My couch is pink, beige and green flowers. My rug is dark green and I have two chairs that are the same green as in the couch. Any ideas you can give me? I don't have a lot of money to spend on this project so any advice will be much appreciated.

Answer
Since all your photos are different, you need to find one common denominator to make a successful grouping.  The easiest and simplest solution here is that all the frames be exactly alike (other than size).  You could select all white frames, all black frames, or all natural wood tones.  Shop your local discount stores and craft stores for the best prices.  

Lastly, use an odd number of photos for best results, and lay them out on the floor to determine the most appealing arrangement for the wall.

Regards, Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik