Decorating & Furniture/Frontroom

I have a plain frontroom I have the rest of the house all mapped out with what I am going to do but I am stuck on the frontroom...the rest of the house is kind of Preppy, fun ...stripes cabana type colors. My frontroom walls are called Mermaid Green (green with a faint hint of blue) and I have a khaki colored basket weave removable cushions, overstuffed couch. WHat other fun color and fabrics would you suggest to go with the green and khaki. Please help I am sooooooooooo stuck.  

Hi Janice,

Your house sound fun! As common as this is going to sound, the first thing I thought of when you said you had green/blue walls with Khaki weaved furniture was white! I think this would look very clean and not overstuff the room with TOO much color. Another suggestion would be to go with a thin stripped material for your couch that is dominated by white, but brings in another color like a pail pink. A nice natural fiber rug such as jute would add to the space also while keeping with the cabana theme. Also, add shells to the room as accessories (put them in a large bowl on the table or use them in your window treatment).

As always, I encourage you to send photo's to: with the project is completed.

Have fun and thanks for your questions!

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell

I can answer any questions on interior design including color, room arrangment, floor and space planning, lighting, fabric, furniture, and where to buy home decorating products.

Residential design and Architecture as well as landscape design, visual merchandising, and sales.

College graduate