Decorating & Furniture/Furniture Placement

My problem is furniture placement.  I only have room for a couch, chair and television.  I think I can create more space but we have an archway that enters into the foyer, one wall has a large picture widow with a large radiator beneath.  We have one wall with a door that leads into our porch, The other wall has an archway and our couch is currenly aganst that wall.  PPLEASE HELP

Without seeing the space, let me suggest that you consider "floating" your furniture, i.e., moving the couch away from the wall and putting it with its back to the archway (leaving room to get around it on either side).  Then perhaps you could "angle" two chairs on either side of the radiator.  That at least gives you one more seat.  

Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology