Decorating & Furniture/Furniture for dark floor

I just bought a new appartement and plan to buy furniture for the living room. The room is quite small 3.40x2.70 meters with light green walls and dark brown floor. Now I plan to buy some furniture (tv/media table, some cabinets - not much) and sofa. My problem is what color of furniture both cabinets and sofas/armchair can match both darkbrown floor and lightgreen walls.

Thanks in advance

Any color will work for you here.  Don't try and match your color choices or be confused by the floor or the walls.  Choose furniture that you love and that will make you comfortable.  Walls can be painted, and floors can be left alone or partially/fully covered by rugs.

In small spaces, furniture selection criteria should include multi-functional pieces, i.e., a sofa that works as a spare bed; a large ottoman that serves as a coffee table when you place a large tray on top of it; that sort of thing.

Select items that appeal to you on their own, not based on what color the room is.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology