Decorating & Furniture/Furniture placement of sectional and ottoman

Hi, I am at a loss.  I ordered a sectional and large ottoman by Mitchell Gold that recently arrived.  I now realize that the ottoman is way too big for the space between the tv console (plasma is above it) and the sectional.  I think I should move the ottoman in front of my fireplace, which is to the left of the sectional.  Is it odd to place a large, cocktail-size ottoman in front of a fireplace, instead of using it as a coffee table?

If it works for you, it isn't odd.  Another thought I have is to use it at one end or the other of the sectional for "pull up" seating.  By putting a tray atop it, you can still use it as a table, or a handy place for someone to set a drink.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology