Decorating & Furniture/Furniture revamping

Question
Hi, I don't know if this falls under your expertise, but I was wondering if you could offer your advice or tips on this one.  

I have a wooden coffee table that I am trying to make into a sitting bench to put in my daughter's bedroom.  It is only about 26 inches wide and maybe 50 inches long.  I was curious as to how I would go about this.  My first impulse was to go by some 2 sitting cushions and glue them to the table, then staple gun fabric on top of the table/cushions.  Now I'm thinking maybe I've seen too many Trading Spaces episodes.  

Any tips you have would be wonderful!

Thanks so much,
DeAnna Davis

Answer
Hi DeAnna,

Keep watching Trading Spaces...it's a great show, and I love watching it myself!  Thanks for your question.  

The easiest way I can recommend to you is to go to your local fabric store and purchase a 3 or 5 inch thick piece of foam.  (If you take your measurements with you, the store will cut it for you.)  Once the piece is cut to size, spray the top of the table with a spray adhesive.  Attach the foam.  Then cover the foam with your favorite piece of fabric, adhering that with staples on the underside of the piece.  

Voila.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik