Decorating & Furniture/Gray Wall

Question
I just moved into my new home and I thought i knew exactly what colors I wanted to paint the walls, but now I'm not sure of what type of furniture to buy. HELP! Its the living room I'm having trouble with. I accented one wall a light gray and the wall adjacent to it is floor to ceiling mirror and the rest of the room is a neutral color. (There is a window on the wall that I accented) My dining room is right next to my living room and it is furnished with a dark wood table and cream microfiber chairs. Another problem is that, although it is downstairs, you can see my family room from the living/dining room which is a plum color. I have a little room to work with...any suggestions?

Answer
Thanks for the questions.  Your furniture does not have to match from room to room or even within a room.  If you prefer a paler shade of furniture for your "plum family room" then go for it.  

Here's the key to successful decorating from one room to the next:  color.  What I mean is that if you can "see" one space from another, unify it with "a" color.  If your plum room is seen from the dining room, then carry "something" plum into the dining room.  It can be as simple as a matt on a framed photo or a candlestick, but crossing the colors will unify the two spaces.  

Hope this helps you.
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik