Decorating & Furniture/Great room wall color

Question
I live in a very contemporary home with huge vaulted ceilings and windows everywhere.  My great room faces south and there is never a need for lighting even on a cloudy day.  My furniture is a raspberry red.  I currently have one wall painted lime green and it looks great!  However, it's time for a change and we're redoing our kitchen that is practically part of the great room.  Cabinets are grey, new counters are mocha with splashes or red and grey.  All stainless appliances.  I am searching for one wall color that will transition from great room to kitchen.  I'm in love with the blue trends out now.  I am leaning towards the blue/grey shade of blue wall color to blend with raspberry red furniture and the grey kitchen.  Would blue walls, blue rug (over grey tile) and blue accents be too much in various shades of blue?  Should I abandon the blue thoughts?  I've read to stay away from warm colors with south facing rooms.  Since furniture is cool toned I wouldn't find this difficult to do, but is this true?

Answer
I love the idea of the greyed-down blue.  It will not only be stylish, but it will coordinate well with everything you have.  

Blue is a cool shade, although I believe the "stay away from warm colors with south facing rooms" is an urban legend (myth).  

Accenting with a mocha and blue combination (in the great room) is also a great way to cross pollinate the color from the kitchen into the great room.  Crossing the colors from one room to another always pulls them together, and makes every color selection look more purposeful.  You don't have to do it in a big way; just add some of those colors into the great room's red.  (You already have some red in the kitchen, but it would make a great accent color for there.)

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik