Decorating & Furniture/Green carpet

We are getting our house ready to sell and need to repaint most of the rooms.  8 years ago we placed Aspen green carpet throughout most of the house.  I am wanting to find a color, to paint the walls, that will keep people from focusing on the green carpet.  Can I stick with most neutral browns?  

Dear Merry,
  You are on the right track. I think pecan sandie from would look nice with your green carpet. This color is neutral so it is easy to decorate around which buyers will notice. I have made an image to help you see how the two would look together. Please go to
to see paint color with your carpet.

Good luck on selling your home.

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book