Decorating & Furniture/HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Wow, first of all, I am so excited to find you. You sound like you could hep me... hopefully. My name is Kelly and I am 21 years old. One of my girlfriends just bought a house and I am in the process of creating my bedroom. The room is fairly big so I have a lot to work with.  Okay, so here is what we are working with.  Today I painted the room Tiffany blue.By Tiffany blue I mean like the jewelery store's famous color. ( the  home page it shows the color) It's almost like an aquamarine or a robin's egg.  I picked the color because it reminds me of the carribean. So, Im done painting and I've got this somewhat overwhelmingly bright room. I want to go with a cute, girly beachy look. I don't know where to start!!  What colors are gonna look good with this! I was thinking of like white curtains and a big white down comforter. I don't know what to do . Oh I forgot to tell you that it has hardwood floors.{honey color}  Now that I'm done rambling i was hoping I could get a professional's opinion.  I need help! fast! I'm really looking forward to your ideas.  THANK YOU I HOPE YOU CAN HELP!!

WOW! I'm glad you found me too!  I love your enthusiasm - don't ever lose that!  Now to your room.

The color you chose is a perfect Carribbean shade of blue.  It goes great with a crisp white and an all-season weight down comforter.  Add to that some medium shade of yellow, a touch of sage green and you're decorated to the beachy nines!  

Stripes and polka dots (in these colors) would work great in the room as well.  

Try getting the white comforter, white curtains (or white blinds/shades) and adding your colors of yellow and green as accents like pillows, rugs, etc.  Another great idea is to use "tie backs" for your drapes that are in those sea grass colors as well.  Voila!

PS:  If you prefer peachy/pinkie to yellow -- that works too.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology