Decorating & Furniture/Hanging blinds

I purchased several blinds online because they were on sale.  Two of them are the bamboo type blinds and two are fabric, but the same style as the roll up bamboo blinds.  I guessed on the size.  Now, I'm not sure if they will work.  At home, I have double-hung, vinyl windows.  The blinds cover the glass of the window and a bit of the frame, but don't go all the way across.  Can I still install them or will it look ridiculous?  They seem stimple enough to install, with two hooks on the top, but I'm leary to put them up if it's going to cause me problems later.  Any and all thoughts are very welcome.

I'm afraid this is one of those "learning" experiences for you.  This is one area of decorating that you cannot guess about.  You have to take exact measurements for the type of mount you want;  inside (meaning the blinds hang inside the frame of the window, covering only the pane part of the window) or outside (meaning the blinds cover the frame and the glass.  Your situation appears to range in between the two.  

My best suggestion is to sell them at a garage sale or donate them to charity, take the tax deduction and purchase blinds that fit.

Sorry to not have had more "encouraging" words...

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology