Decorating & Furniture/Help Choose the Right Paint Color

I am going to paint my open entry way RED, and have picked 2 color options that I like very much.  The problem is deciding between the 2.  One color that I will call "the perfect match", is an orange red that matches very closely to the color scheme I have going in the adjacent family room.  The other color is the "popular choice" red which most people would prefer when the 2 reds stand alone.  It is slightly deeper & richer in color with more blue red base.  I can't trust myself to decide which red to choose because I have a tendency to get too "matchy" when it comes to decore.  What should I do?  Thanks for your help!

You really answered your own question within the question, except that you should trust yourself to decide which red.  It's obvious that you prefer the red that has more yellow and less blue in it, so go for it.  It's your space, and you can get too "matchy" if you want to.

PS:  Besides - you'll never be happy with the other choice.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology