Decorating & Furniture/Home Staging

Question
Do Independent Home Stagers primarily use their clients own furnishings?  If not, where do they go to supply furnishings without having to go to a large Home Staging Business which supplies their own furnishings and staging assistance.

Answer
Hi Kima, Thanks for the question.  It has been my experience that home staging businesses operate both ways; one using the client's furnishings (when available and appropriate to use for staging) and some home stagers prefer to use their own furnishings.  Some stagers rent furnishings, some supply their own, but most are a combination of both.  Part of the cost of staging covers the furnishings that are used, and thereby covers the rental fees.  

I know of one home stager who works primarily with one realtor.  She has a plethora of accessories and basic furnishings that is housed in her garage when not in someone else's home.  She's probably the exception rather than the rule since storage and moving is a timely, costly situation.  At least when you rent pieces, they are delivered to the address you specify.  

Hope this answers your question.  If I were going into that line of work, I'd probably rent the large pieces and supply the accessories myself.  I'd also try to get a discounted deal from a furniture rental company!

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik