Decorating & Furniture/Iiving Room

I am having real hard time selecting the paint for my living room. It has very light bamboo floor coupled with dark brown leather sofa and light, dark brown pillows. The room doesn't get much lighting either. I am thinking about to have a accent wall. What color will be good for the accent wall and the rest of the wall?

ANSWER: I'd recommend a soft light blue for all the walls.  If you want an accent wall, do it in a darker shade of the same blue.  If you don't care for "baby" blue, consider a pale turquoise.  That plus the chocolate brown will be dynamite.

Thanks for your speedy response. Is there a warmer color combination you can recommend?

You can certainly use a taupe (my favorite is Toasty Grey by Glidden) or a golden yellow.  Browns tend to coordinate well with most yellows, but going too pale might wash out the space.  You could also move toward the red tones, such as lavender or even fall shades like pumpkin spice!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology