Decorating & Furniture/Interior Decorating

Question
Hi Jenny,

I buy, remodel and sell homes.  To date I've mostly just painted the interior white, exterior if needed, carpeted or tiled floors and put the home back on the market.

I would with older more inexpensive homes.  Can you suggest some general ways we could inexpensively ad some color or curb appeal (other than perhaps only painting the homes white inside).

Thank you in advance for any reply,

Phil Jordan
Osprey, FL 34229

Answer

Hi Phil,

I'm a Florida girl too!  We're practically neighbors... A great neutral color, and one that I recommend to the "color timid" is a Glidden color called Toasty Grey.  It's a taupe, a medium shade, and looks great with anything.  The other color I often use is called Tortilla - it's an off-white, but I prefer the Toasty Grey.  Check it out.

As far as exterior colors, taupe is another winner, particularly when paired with a brightly painted door in either a black ebony or a dark burgandy red.  Allegedly, yellow is the "homey-est" color, but Florida is full of yellow houses that don't appeal to me.

Thanks for writing.  Good luck in your business.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik