Decorating & Furniture/Interior Paint

We are painting our entry, living room, office and hall.  We have 1478 sq. ft., 3bd. house. Exterior is beige, Daughter's room is bright pink, Son's is light blue, Master is peach, master bath is blue, carpet is off white to cream.  

I was planning to use sherwinn williams "sand dollar" as main color, but want to accent one wall in the living room (vaulted ceiling) with a different color.  I can't decide between mocha or constant coral for that wall.  Our Kitchen which has a bar opening into the living room has horrible green and white plaid wall paper with a floral/gardening border, we can't afford to tackle it yet and I don't know if we will before we sell the home, so I have to coordinate with it also.  We recently bought a large Rowe sectional couch that is beige, khaki and small hints of black.  I don't want to have just shades of beige, beige, beige...outside and inside.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Kristi,

In any other situation, I'd opt for mocha.  In your particular case, the coral may be best since you already have so much color going on in the adjacent rooms.  It will be more "deliberate" to use the coral.  

One more suggestion - if you're selling, you definitely need to tackle that wallpaper.  Prospective buyers often  see "work and money" involved in redoing a kitchen which can affect your offers.  If the walls are in good condition, prime them with KILZ and paint them the adjacent room color.  It will invariably pay you divideds.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology