Decorating & Furniture/Interior Painting

I was going to have white baseboards and ceiling with pale coral walls.

The paint got mixed up, and the ceiling and baseboards are a cream color. The walls will still be a pale coral. The chest and bed will be white.

In your opinion, will that look in unison and still semi eloquent.  Or would painting the baseboard and walls pale coral and keeping the ceiling cream look better, in your opinion?

So much work had been done painting, I was hoping maybe the coral would reflect a light coral onto the ceiling even though it was painted cream.
Do you think that is possible?

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Followup To

Question -
I want an semi eloquent look for my bedroom. My bedroom is small so I am also concerned about trying to make it appear larger and semi eloquent at the same time when it comes to my paint.

I want coral, in your opinion would a pale coral or a bold coral or somewhere in between give the effect?

Thanks in advance.

Answer -
Hello Sallie,
Go the pale coral, which is gorgeous!  But not just any pale from the new line of colors that are packaged as BEACH or SEA colors.  These colors are the latest tones and have a light and quite amazing look with today's furnishings.  

Visit a home center store and grab lots of chips which show various beachy resort roomscapes and you'll see what I mean.

Have fun!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID

Hi Sallie,
All is fine, in my book!  That would have been my keep the ceiling and trim white.  This will complement your bed and chest perfectly!  Now its just the matter of lighting to get that reflected affect you want.

Select a gorgeous ceiling fixture that has a style which works with the overall decor. Small scale chandeliers have been the rage in elegant decors, even kitchens.  It all depends on the theme and style of your room.  Find a light fixture that will reflect light from all 360 angles...that is, one that the light is not confined just straight down.

The room paint is gorgeous as it sounds. Have fun with the bedding...think out of the box and purchase bedding seperately for a more custom look.  

Good luck again!

Decorating & Furniture

Whole house interior space planning and decorating; kitchen layout, and design trends; residential themed environments; selecting furnishings and accessories for your lifestyle.

12 years experience as an interior designer, FIDER graduate and business owner for 5 years. Speciality area: residential interior designer, NKBA certified kitchen designer, and home office designer

Homes of Color magazine, Las Vegas Life magazine, Tucson Home and Garden magazine.

B.A. Interior Design, Marymount University, Arlington, VA