Decorating & Furniture/Interior decorating

Question
I am working with an interior decorator who claims he doesn't charge me for his service. I realize he must get a commission on what purchases I make through his recommendations. No one works for free.  Can you tell me how the typical commission structure works.  I realize there will be differences among decorators.  But I am curious!!
Thanks  

Answer
Some decorators make their money by getting a sale on the items for your home because he is a decorator and then sells it to you the retail price. This is how alot of designers make their money. I wouldnt be upset about it because you would be paying that price anyways. I dont know for sure that this is what he is doing but I know alot of them do do this. If you would like any help with decorating for absolutely free you can email me pictures of your home and send them to rminteriordecor@yahoo.com and I can give you a visual of the new space and tell you what you should buy.
Please visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/rminteriordecor and fill out the free questionaire.
Hope this answers your questions.

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor
rminteriordecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID