Decorating & Furniture/Interior hardware and fixtures

Question
My house was built in late 1998.  My husband and I are the second owners.  Every piece of hardware in this house: door hinges, door knobs/levers, lavatory fixtures, cabinet knobs, and most of the light fixtures - are done in polished brass.  Very nineties, but one does admire the consistency, at least.  

A few of the light fixtures had been upgraded to Minka Lavery fixtures, which my husband and I fell in love with.  In particular, the breakfast area has an antique bronze chandelier that my husband adores and wanted to replicate as much as possible.  We are redoing our kitchen, and we will drop mini-pendants over the bar behind the sink.  I tracked down the antique bronze fixtures that matched the chandelier and ordered them.  The next decision I have to make concerns the kitchen faucet.  Matching this bronze color to the pendants above is proving daunting.  Should I be concerned about this?  What, if any, rule of thumb is there about WHAT the kitchen sink faucet should match or contrast?  The sink?  The cabinet hardware?  The light fixtures?  The countertops?  Also, eventually I thought of carrying bronze or iron hardware throughout the rest of the house, but am not sure how concerned I should be about matching faucet and knob finishes and styles throughout the house.  I know it's my house, but on the day I go to sell it, I don't want people coming through saying, "what WERE they thinking?"

Any advice you could give me would be helpful.  Thanks.

Answer
The rule of thumb is that you match your "sink" with your fixtures.  Look at "Kohler" brands - you may find something you love.  

Match your hardware within a room; you can "change" when you change rooms if you so desire.  There's no rule that says they all must be the same.  It's just that some people prefer matchy matchy everything, and that's ok.  It keeps the world interesting.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik