Decorating & Furniture/Interns

Is it easy to find a job as an intern in the interior design industry?

Hi Brittany,

The sad answer to your question is, "No". As always, knowing people is a good thing. Do not hesitate to contact people from interesting companies. Show them your work (yes, you have to have some kind of portfolio), ask for opportunities of any kind etc.

The idea is that sooner or later there will be an opening somewhere, and then everyone will know who you are and, hopefully, call you.

Do not give up! Do not take it personally if you have to struggle (we all have had to do it)!

And last, but not least: Best of luck!

Decorating & Furniture

Linn Arvidsson

Do you want to know how you can green your every day life without giving up style or quality? I can help you with your questions. I will answer any questions you might have on how to make your home healthier and more ecologically sound. It may range from how houseplants can clean indoor air to natural materials in furniture and fabrics; from window sill gardening to natural air fresheners. I do not claim to have all the answers right away, but I do know where to find them.

Experience in the area
University degree in environmental issues. Eight years of professional experience as an environmental coordinator and adviser.