Decorating & Furniture/Kichen Color

Question
I have medium color wood floors, and cream appliances. The floor color is recent and will not change. I will eventually get stainless steel but not for another year or two. What color of cabinets, and countertop would you recomend. It is a very small kitchen with brown walls- Right now I am leaning towards a light light wood, with brown mosaic backsplash- and maybe black granite- any suggestions?

Answer
Hi Emily,

With the brown walls I would deffinatly choose the very light cabinets. As far as a countertop, if you are going to do browm mosaic on the back splash, I would choose a granite countertops in a cream base color with brown vaining and specks to tie in the brown from the walls and back splash. The black counters will be too hard of a transission from your light wood cabinets and will clash with the browns in the space.

Good luck!

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell