Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen Cabinet

My husband and I recently ventured out and painted our kitchen a Caribbean ocean blue.  Our floor is hardwood and our cabinet are also wood.  We have stainless steel appliances.  My question to you is we want to add some decor to the top of our cabinet.  Please give us some suggestions.  

Thanks for writing.  If you're talking about the space between cabinet top and ceiling add some plants and allow them to cascade over.  If you're talking about adding something to your countertops, then consider adding some potted herbs in matching pots (a bright sunny yellow or even a golden shade would be nice) and some additional accessory items in the same color.  Red would be a great combination here as would celedon green.  Accessories should be "large and few" rather than small and lots.  More here is less.  You can add some texture and color with kitchen towels, utensils and cutting boards.  

Hope this is what you were after.  If not, write back and we'll try this again!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology