Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen Color

We have a kitchen that has medium dark cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances and countertops that are speckled (brown, black, blue)
We are stuck! we are looking for a color to paint the kitchen and we have not come up with anything. We have put a terracota color up and we are unsure.  Any suggestions on what other colors would go well with dark cherry and stainless?
Any help at all would be appreciated!  

My first thought is to suggest that you use a shade of green that appeals to you.  I personally think a sage or celery would be nice, but you may opt for a more "blue" shade of green to coordinate with the countertops.

The cherry cabinets will be wonderful against green, but will also look good with most blues.  Taupe is another option for you.  The problem with terracotta is that it is a shade of red and probably does not enhance the cherry wood at all.  

If all else fails, use my fix all -- Toasty Grey from Glidden.  It goes with everything and enhances the look of most any color combination.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology