Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen Decor

Question
Hi Karen! I have a question that is probably silly.  I would like begin buying pieces to re-decorate my kitchen in. Would have you have ideas for a modern and easy-to-find theme?  I currently have apples (BORING) and am ready for a change.  I recently bought a sleek blue microwave and also some blue and cream colored rugs, and that is all I have so far.  I dont necessarily have to do with blue.  Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tara

Answer
Modern design is definately in. Stainless steel is definately the look along with some black thrown in. Sleek stainless steel handles or knobs, and blue can definately be used, depending on the shade. Look thru magazines and find pictures of rooms you like. European kitchens are definately designed in the modern style. One website would be SieMatic, it's a kitchen company that makes modern cabinets, (European). You could also try the website www.kitchens.com. Good luck with your project.  

Decorating & Furniture

Karen Timpone-Hockley