Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen Remodel

Question
I am  planning a kitchen remodel. I am not a very visual person and I am having a hard time imaginig what it will look like. Right now, we are looking at brazilian cherry floors in the kitchen (as well as in living and dining room-the whole area is connected) with maple cabinets and granite countertops. I think it will be a dark granite--black. We have no windows in the kitchen. Do you think the maple cabinets and cherry floors will work or will it be too much wood? I originally thought of doing white cabinets.
Thanks
Rosana

Answer
Hi Rosana,
It wont really be too much of a wood work. Wood always adds pleasance to to the room. Brazilian cherry floors would really look good. over and above that you are using black granite countertops that would act as a perfect contrast to the wooden shades. One thing which I would like to suggest you is that because your area is connected you may also think of something like this...the point where your living and dining rooms are connecting to your kitchen...there you may use an island top. it would really look good. Now because you dont have a window in your kitchen make sure there is ample lighting...this will ensure that whoever is working in the kitchen will not be tired.

Rosana if possible and if its not a problem, you may also send me a pic of your kitchen. This will help me understand better and may be I can give you more helpful suggestions. My ID is bartaria_sarthak@hotmail.com.

I hope the above information did server the right purpose.

Take Care

Bi

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria