Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen cabinet color selection

I'm planning to replace my current kitchen cabinets with custom ones. I need some expert advice based on these details :

Mine's a relatively small U-shaped square kitchen. Each side measures 10'6" wall to wall.

Flooring color:

Wall color: mild green

Appliance color: white

Windows: 1 garden window

Question :

Wondering if dark cabinets such as this one
will be overpowering with what what I already have...

Are there any websites that guide with these kind of decisions ?

The contrast between the lighter walls/floors and the darker cabinets is good.  I'd suggest that you visit your local home improvement stores to see actual samples of wood before you decide.
Websites do their best to portray true color, but there's nothing guaranteed when there are 9 zillion monitors that reflect color differently.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology