Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen color scheme

Hi - We are completely redoing our kitchen.  We have chosen maple cabinets in a Cherry color.  My biggest dilemma is choosing a color scheme for the walls, ceiling, flooring, and backsplash.  We are planning to have large porcelain tiles for the floor and would like for the backsplash to coordinate with the tile somewhat.  

Cindy - pick your favorite color and use it in your walls.  Keep the big ticket items like backsplash and flooring neutral (not white, just a color that "goes" with everything) and add your favorite color to the walls.

Coordinate the floor and the backsplash -- but it doesn't have to be the "same".

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology