Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen colors w/ wood

Question
Hi, I am repainting my kitchen and can't seem to find the right color, I have dark wood cabinets with light wood counters,which I really love, I really do not want white, it just doesn't seem right to me, but I'm not sure which colors would go good with the wood. any advice would be greatly appretiated.
Thanks
Amy

Answer
Hi Amy,

The world of color is at your disposal.  With dark wood cabinets and lighter wood counters, you can select your favorite color and use for the walls.  White is not a good choice because there would be much too much contrast between the cabinetry and the walls.  

Think about your favorite color.  If it's yellow, use a creamy, buttery shade; if it's blue, opt for a medium to light slate shade; if you prefer greens, lean toward the medium to light shades of celery/sage.  

If you surround yourself in colors that you like, you'll never be disappointed.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik