Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen colours

Question
I have a long kitchen- 19ft. by 9 ft.  I am going to put in a ceramic counter top and back splash.  I will then want to paint the cupboards  which are white now.  There is wall paper I will be removing.  Lots of natural light especially in afternoon.  My house is a backsplit and the kitchen is not really visible except from the hall.  I am at a loss of what colour scheme I should use.  I thought about a green counter top and maybe paint the cupboards a light grey.  My applicances are white and not being replaced anytime soon.  Any suggestions.

Answer
Hi

I have a few suggestions to share with you.

Try analyzing this, your cupboards are checkerd, checkered in the sense that each of the cupboard has a black vertical strip and a horizontal one crossing it, but the vertical strip would towards the left corner and the horizontal one towards the top, something like the "cross" with the vertical edge shifted to left side and horizontal one towards the top. The black strip can also be replaced by Dark Blue strips. With this you can have a black Counter Top.

Another suggestion is that you may have the cupboards painted in Dark Blue or Dark Red and over it you can have certain floral designs made in white, with this you can have a white top.

This is what I can very well imagine right now. If it is possible for you and if it is not a problem then please send me the picture of your kitchen at bartaria_sarthak@hotmail.com. Once i'll get the actual idea it would be much more easier for me to give you suggestions.

I hope I could be of some help.

Take Care

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria