Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen with dark green counters

Question
I have a nice small to medium size kitchen (12x12) it has nice light coming in through windows above the cabinets on the south wall and another window over the sink on the west wall.  There is natural light oak floors, white cabinets made from some sort of laminate that has a country look to it, meaning it has beveled edges and inset detail so I don't want to paint them. I could change the dark green knobs to something else)   The problem is the dark green speckled counters these are new also and I can't replace.  What color can I paint the walls that would give this kitchen some interest?

Answer
Since you are dealing with green and white, you may want to consider "some" shade of red.  Before you freak out, remember that red is the color opposite of green and therefore works well in combination.  You could choose a purple, pink, a pale cranberry, a soft shade of melon (like pale terra cotta) or you could create a more monochromatic feel by using a green that coordinates with your counter top.  You may find that the new sage, celery/celedon or even khacki green will work.   

If all else eludes you, consider using a taupe, but make it a warm "more brown than grey" shade.  

Jenny

PS:  Whatever you do, accessorize with touches of some shade of red.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik