Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen floor and cabinets

We have solid oak cabinets they are called Honey Sice, Im not sure what to do with my floor, we want to use laminate. Should we go a shade darker or several shades darker. The furniture in the kitchen is also all oak, the kitchen is a good size, with french doors, bay window, and 2 sky lights, so we get alot of light. The counter tops are granitue they are lighter with colors of gold, beige, black very little veins of these colors.

Hi Alisa

I think that you either have to get an exact match or go for something completely different.

Two pieces of oak are difficult to match as, apart from anything else, as oak ages, the colour will change slightly.

I have some furniture in my own bedroom that used to be an exact match but isn't now as the different items have aged at a different rate and they look wrong now and need to be replaced.

I would definitely go for a couple of shades darker on the floor if I were you.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit