Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen matching

Question
I have alomond kitchen cabinets that are just plain with no detail on them whatsoever. And also a natural oak color countertop...not real oak..its the formica kinda thing. I also have a stainless steel sink,an almond frig with crome and black trim,an almond stove with a black face,a black faced dishwasher and a black faced built in microwave above the stove. What I am needing is advice on what color to paint the kitchen walls and ceiling and sofet above the cabinets and also what color handels or knobs if any should I put on the drawers and cabinets.And also what kind or color flooring to put down? I am going completely crazy and don't know where to turn for help!! Please...can anyone help me? Thank You.

Answer
Dear Barb McGorman,
Thank you for your patience. Here is a link to some images I have designed for you.
http://rmdecor.tripod.com/barb.htm
I also added some images I found online that may be similar to yours. I would choose a plastic laminate wood flooring that is somewhat similar to the counters. Since your cabinets and appliances are fairly light I would choose a dark color for the wall for contrast. Complete the room with a white or off white ceiling and soffit. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor
rminteriordecor@yahoo.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID