Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen paint color

We are moving into a new (to us) house and the kitchen is in
serious need of an undate.  We have chosen everything except the
paint color, which is where we are stuck.  Here's what we have
chosen so far:
- cabinets: KraftMaid oak with a medium stain
- countertops: Butterrum (browns with a little black - looks like
- floors: ceramic tile (grayish - this is not new)
- backsplash - metal faced tile (dark, blackish color)

Any suggestions on paint color?

Everything you have described is neutral in color.  If you like "sameness" go with a taupe shade.  If you want something more dramatic, add a rich shade of terra cotta or red.  In either case, to "update" the kitchen, use pulls for the drawers/cabinets in pewter/silver color and accessories in stainless steel.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology