Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen painting & oak cabinets

Question
I have just bought a house that has all oak cabinets in the kitchen (as well as oak molding along the ceilings), but am wondering if the oak look is dated...and if so, can they be painted?  If I left the oak cabinets natural, can you suggest a color that would look good with oak?

Answer
If you want to paint the oak cabinets, I have an article on painting cabinets on Improvenet.com. Go to homeowners, advice and resourses, and articles by designers. You could also glaze the cabinets if you leave them natural. Kraftmaid makes a chickory glaze, that is a pretty darker glaze on oak. There are many glaze colors to choose from. Good luck
I'm still selling oak cabinets in alot of stain colors.  

Decorating & Furniture

Karen Timpone-Hockley