Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen

Question
Hello Karen

Would you please help me on this, I have a very small kitchen first, painted the standard apartment color (off white or beige) the edge of the cubbards is a dark wood 4 sets of cubbards each one has 2 doors. I would like to paint, not the entire kitchen, just spruce up the cubbard doors,I don't have a lot of money to spend.If I wanted to paint the doors what color would you suggest, or should I do a stencil, if so what kind would you suggest, I have 1 window over the sink, and the curtin is sheer with flowers red, green.

Hope you can help.

Thank you

Answer
I would think about painting the cabinets. I wrote an article on how to paint your kitchen cabinets. go to www.improvenet.com, go to articles, and articles by designers, and you'll find it there. You don't have to sand the cabinets to bare wood as the article says, just sand to remove the varnish or shellac. Look at magazines, and see what color cabinets you like. You could paint them, white,yellow, cream, red or green. I know a lady that painted her cabinets purple, but that is really taking a risk. You could also stencil the cabinets. I would probably do a few, rather than all of them.
If you stencil you could use that on the walls or matt pictures in the color of the cabinets. Best of luck with your project.

Decorating & Furniture

Karen Timpone-Hockley