Decorating & Furniture/Knotty pine room

Question
I have a 12X12 bedroom in our basement that I am sprucing up to move my 6 year old son in to.  It has 60 year old knotty pine paneling in it.  Would I repaint the ceiling white or go with color?  I'm lost.  I thought white to brighten the room.  It doesn't get alot of natural light.  But I'd also like to add color since there is so much wood.  

Answer
Hello Michelle,
Knotty pine paneling is beautiful i love it,
I think ceilings should stay a bright colour like white or an off white colour, as any other colour on it would make the ceiling feel lower and the room alot darker.
White does look nice and natural with wood too.
If you wanted to use colour then try to incorporate some with maybe painting every other panel or with some nice coloured curtains and a light shade etc.....
I hope ive helped you out, if you need any more help please mail me again any time.
Good luck and have fun.
~ JAYDAH ~

Decorating & Furniture

Jaydah