Decorating & Furniture/LIVING ROOM & KITCHEN COMBINATIONS

Question
Hey,
I am planning on painting my living room and kitchen. The problem is that they are just open and the walls run together. All of them are currently white. I have a fire place in my living room. My cabinets are maple. My living room furniture is a khaki color and cherry coffee table, end tables and entertainment center. I also have silver accents. Can you please give me ideas on decorating and painting.

Thanks,

Carrie

Answer
Unless you have a natural starting point and stopping point (like a corner) you need to continue the paint in both areas.  

Consider your favorite colors.  If you want a cool, clean look, consider either a blue or a green.  Popular today is sky blues, paired with dark browns.  It would certainly work with your current furniture's color scheme.  Paint blue, accent the furniture with dark brown and blue pillows or throws.  You can also bring in your accent color via rugs, curtains, drapes etc.  If you like green more than blue, consider a shade of moss green or celery.  Again, add an earth tone as an accent.  You may want to consider a rich cranberry for accents with the pale green.

If warmth is what you're after, you can use shades of taupe to camel, and accent with a cool color (blue, green etc.)  Think of fall colors and that's "warm".

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Jenny

PS:  Thanks for writing!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik