Decorating & Furniture/Lamps

Hello. I dont know if this is quite your area of expertese, but I thought I'd give you a try! My Grandmother has been talking for a number of years about a lampshade she hankered after when she was first married. It appeared to be an ordinary lampshade but when it lit up it revealed a woodland scene, complete with animals and trees. Do you have any idea if they still make these kinds of things?

Thanks for writing and for your question.  I too, have a recollection of my grandmother talking about these lamp shades.  If I'm not mistaken, they were a "tea dyed" color.  Unfortunately, I have no idea if these are still available.  Your best bet is to ask an expert who deals in antiques or lamps in particular.  

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology